Professional. Experienced. Affordable.

Photo of Rebecca L. Owen and former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor

Guiding You And Your Family Through Interstate Child Support And Child Custody Disputes

Managing child support enforcement and custody arrangements can be difficult even if both parents get along well and live in the same state. When either parent lives out of state or the custodial parent is seeking to relocate out of state, custody arrangements, parenting time and child support enforcement can be far more complicated.

Focus On The Well-Being Of The Child, No Matter Where You Are

Our goal is always to serve the well-being of the child in a way that works for our clients. There may be a way to enforce custody and support orders no matter which state a divorced parent or a biological parent is in and the law office of Rebecca L. Owen, PLLC, can help you.

We assist clients dealing with interstate child support or interstate custody matters through the use of the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) and the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA). Attorney Rebecca L. Owen has handled interstate custody and support matters for more than 23 years. She has also handled divorces and other divorce-related concerns, including child custody matters involving divorcing military service members.

Support When A Parent Or Former Spouse Is Out Of State

Because Arizona has adopted the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA), even if a divorced parent paying child support moves out of Arizona, he or she must still pay support. The support order will be enforced by the other states involved in the uniform enforcement act.

Work With Our Team Today

The UCCJEA allows interstate enforcement of Arizona custody and visitation determinations. If you or your former spouse has moved out of the state, you may seek a modification of the original custody determination to accommodate long-distance parenting matters and make sure that both of you get to continue to parent your biological child.

If you have questions concerning an out-of-state child custody matter, we encourage you to contact our office for more information. We offer initial consultations where you can sit down with our skilled family law attorney, explain your situation and discuss your options before you decide to retain our services.

To schedule an appointment at our Phoenix office, call 602-635-2765 (toll-free at 877-463-0922) or send us a message.