Professional. Experienced. Affordable.

Photo of Rebecca L. Owen and former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor

When Parent Relocation Affects Child Custody Arrangements, Our Team Can Get Orders Modified

A “child move away,” also called parent relocation, refers to a situation where the custodial parent relocates and in doing so affects the noncustodial parent’s access to regular visitation. The law office of Rebecca L. Owen, PLLC, represents custodial and noncustodial parents who are facing contentious child relocation issues. We understand and appreciate the concerns of custodial and noncustodial parents alike.

Your Children Are Important To You. We Can Help.

Arizona law is clear about the steps the custodial parent must take to relocate more than 100 miles away in-state or to move out of state: They must inform the noncustodial parent of their intent to relocate at least 60 days before moving. The noncustodial parent may then petition the court to stop the relocation. Our firm can help you understand these steps and answer any questions you may have.

Attorney Rebecca L. Owen represents custodial parents who want to move out of state – whether for a job opportunity, to be with family or because of other circumstances such as military service – as well as noncustodial parents who oppose the relocation.

Child Custody And Visitation Are Affected By Child Relocation

If the custodial parent is allowed to relocate with the children, new child custodychild support and visitation arrangements may be necessary. We understand that spending quality time with your child is important, and we will seek agreements that allow you ample time with your child.

Need Help? Contact Us.

Do you have questions regarding child and parent move aways? Call 602-635-2765 or toll-free at 877-463-0922 and speak to a family law attorney with more than 23 years of legal experience and a passion for helping individuals and families resolve their family law matters. You may also schedule an initial consultation by sending us a message through our contact form.