Professional. Experienced. Affordable.

Photo of Rebecca L. Owen and former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor

Legal Counsel For Out-Of-State Families On Family Law Matters

Do you currently live outside of Arizona but have legal family law issues that need to be resolved within Arizona’s state lines? Rebecca L. Owen has been helping people with their family law concerns since 1997. She is an experienced family law attorney who knows how Arizona laws affect those who are not residing within the state. At our law firm, we pride ourselves in getting our clients the help they need.

If you are dealing with a family law issue in the Phoenix area and need the help of a competent family law lawyer, we can help. Contact our law firm by email or call 602-635-2765 (toll-free at 877-463-0922) for an initial consultation. We will take the time to listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have.

Relocation Of Children And Other Child-Related Issues

At the law office of Rebecca L. Owen, PLLC, we keep the best interests of your children as a top priority. Many out-of-state family law issues deal with child relocation and require the assistance of an experienced Arizona child custody and relocation lawyer.

We assist clients dealing with interstate child support or interstate custody matters through the use of the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) and the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA). We also represent you with your visitation concerns.

Support When A Parent Or Former Spouse Is Out Of State

Because Arizona has adopted the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA), a parent who moves away from the state must still make support payments. The support order will be enforced by the other states involved in the uniform enforcement act. It is important to have an attorney in your corner to determine if an Arizona judge should hear your legal concerns. If both parents have moved out of state and have agreed in writing to have another state take over jurisdiction of support enforcement and modification, the state of Arizona may no longer exercise jurisdiction.

Turn To Our Knowledgeable Team

When you have an out-of-state concern, you need a local lawyer advocating for your interests. Ms. Owen at Rebecca L. Owen, PLLC, has more than 23 years of legal experience and a passion for helping individuals and families resolve family law matters. If you would like to schedule an initial consultation with her at our Phoenix office, contact us online or call 602-635-2765 (toll-free at 877-463-0922). Let us help resolve your issue.