Arizona Interstate Child Support UIFSA Attorney

Phoenix AZ Custody UCCJEA Lawyer

Managing child support enforcement and custody arrangements can be difficult even if both parents get along well and live in the same state. When either parent lives out of state or the custodial parent is seeking to relocate out of state, custody arrangements, parenting time and child support enforcement can be far more complicated.

Focus on the Well Being of the Child, No Matter Where You Are

Our goal is always to serve the well being of the child in a way that works for our clients. There may be a way to enforce custody and support orders no matter which state a divorced parent or a biological parent is in and the law office of Rebecca L. Owen can help you.

We assist clients dealing with interstate child support or interstate custody matters through the use of the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (the UIFSA) and the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA). Attorney Rebecca L. Owen has handled interstate custody and support matters for more than 13 years. She has also handled divorces and other divorce-related concerns.

Support When a Parent or Former Spouse Is Out of State

Because Arizona has adopted the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA), even if a divorced parent paying child support moves out of Arizona, he or she must still pay support. The support order will be enforced by the other states involved in the uniform enforcement act.

Parenting Your Child

The UCCJEA allows interstate enforcement of Arizona custody and visitation determinations. If you or your former spouse has moved out of the state, you may seek a modification of the original custody determination to accommodate long distance parenting matters and make sure that both of you get to continue to parent your biological child.

Contact our office for more information. Call 602-635-2765 or send us a message.

Get Help Today