Phoenix Child Relocation Attorney

Arizona Parent Move Away Lawyer

A “child move away” refers to a situation where the custodial parent relocates and in doing so affects the non-custodial parent’s access to regular visitation. The law office of Rebecca L. Owen, PLLC represents custodial and non-custodial parents who are facing contentious child relocation issues. We understand and appreciate the concerns of custodial and non-custodial parents alike.

Your children are important to you. We can help.

Arizona law is clear about the steps the custodial parent must take to relocate more than 100 miles away in-state or to move out of state: They must inform the non-custodial parent of their intent to relocate at least 60 days before moving. The non-custodial parent may then petition the court to stop the relocation. Our firm can help you understand these steps and answer any questions you may have.

Attorney Rebecca Owen represents custodial parents who want to move out of state-whether for a job opportunity, to be with family or because of other circumstances-as well as non-custodial parents who oppose the relocation.

Child custody and visitation are affected by child relocation

If the custodial parent is allowed to relocate with the children, new child custody, child support and visitation arrangements may be necessary. We understand that spending quality time with your child is important, and we will seek agreements that allow you ample time with your child.

Need help? Contact us.

Do you have questions regarding child and parent move aways? Call 602-635-2765 or submit a contact form.

Get Help Today