Helping Arizona Parents Seek And Modify Child Support Orders For A Fair Outcome
The question for most parents after parenting time has been decided is how much child support the custodial parent will receive. Our Phoenix child support attorney works to assure that the child support is fair for both Mother and Father. With almost 14 years of experience in dealing with child support modification decrees and child support related issues, the Arizona based law office of Rebecca L. Owen, PLLC, can answer these often complicated questions quickly.
What Determines Child Support?
In the state of Arizona, there are a number of factors that the state and courts look at to figure out who pays child support, and how much is paid. Among these are:
- Income of both parties
- If alimony/spousal maintenance is being paid, and if so, how much
- Whether one, or both, of the parties have other children that they are required to support
- Who is paying health insurance for the children
- Who is paying the child care of the children
- Who has custody of the children, and for what length of time
Child support is due until 18 or graduation from high school, whichever is last. If income or circumstances change over the course of a child’s life, a parent can request a child support modification to either increase or decrease the amount of support being paid. The Phoenix child support lawyer in our office aids clients in determining whether a modification is a viable option and if so will assist the client in the modification process.